TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
Context & Purpose
The domain name www.themedicians.com, an internet based portal, and Medicians, a mobile application, is owned and operated
by Medicians Healthcare Solutions Private Limited, a com-pany duly incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 (hereinafter, referred to as “Medicians” or “We” or “Our” or “Us” or “Company”).
The domain name and the mobile ap-plication are collectively referred to as “Website”.
Medicians is committed to protecting the personal information of the Users and takes all rea-sonable precautions for maintaining confidentiality of the User’s personal information.
• The type of personal information (including sensitive personal data or information) that Medi-cians collects from the Users.
• The purpose of collection, means and modes of usage of such personal information by Medi-cians.
• How and to whom Medicians will disclose such information.
• How Medicians will protect the personal information including sensitive personal data or in-formation that is collected from the Users.
• How User’s may access and/ or modify their personal information.
- 1What is personal information?
- Personal Information means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either di-rectly or indirectly, in combination with other information available with Medicians, is capable of identifying the person concerned.
Sensitive Personal Data or Information means Personal Information of any individual relating to password; financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other pay-ment instrument details; physical, physiological and mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical records and history; biometric information; any detail relating to the above as provided to or received by Medicians for processing or storage. However, any data/ information relating to an individual that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law shall not qualify as sensitive personal data/information.
Types of personal information collected by Medicians:
A User may have limited access to the Website and utilize some of the Services provided by Medicians without creating an account on the Website. Unregistered Users can access some of the information and details available on the Website. In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Website, a User may be required to first create an account on our Website. As part of the registration process, Medicians may collect the following categories of personal information from the Users (hereinafter collectively referred to as “User Information”):
Address (including country and ZIP/postal code)
Password chosen by the User
Valid financial account information
Other details as the User may volunteer.
Medicians may keep records of telephone calls received and made for making inquiries, orders, or other purposes for the purpose of administration of Services
- 2Internet Use
- Medicians may also receive and/or hold information about the User’s browsing history including the URL of the site that the User visited prior to visiting the website as well as the Internet Pro-tocol (IP) address of each User's computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), User's computer operating system and type of web browser the User is using as well as the name of User's ISP. The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain data (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by Medicians and its service providers for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for User administration.
The Website may enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be ac-cessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Medicians hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any misuse of such information that is made available by visitors in such a manner.
Medicians does not knowingly collect personal data from children.
- 3Purposes for which your information may be used by Medicians
• The information which Medicians collects from you may be utilized for various business and/or regulatory purposes including for the following purposes:
• Registration of the User on the Website.
• Processing the User’s orders / requests and provision of Services.
• Complete transactions with Users effectively and billing for the products/ Services provided.
• Technical administration and customisation of Website.
• Delivery of personalised information and target advertisements to the User.
• Improvement of Services and features on the Website.
• Research and development and for User administration (including conducting User surveys) Non-personally identifiable information, exclusively owned by Medicians may be used in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes and Medicians may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and af-filiates.
• Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;and all other general administrative and business purposes.
• In case of any contests conducted by Medicians in which the User participates, the User In-formation may be used for prize fulfilment and other aspects of any contest or similar offering.
- 4Disclosure and transfer of your personal information
To Sellers and other service providers appointed by Medicians for the purpose of carrying out services on Medicians’s behalf under contract. Generally these contractors do not have any in-dependent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide services on the Website, including the providers of online communications services, will have rights to use and disclose the personal information collected in connection with the provision of these services in accordance with their own privacy policies.
To our affiliates in India or in other countries who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us.
To government institutions/ authorities to the extent required
a) under the laws, rules, and regulations and or under orders of any relevant judicial or quasi-judicial authority.
b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Medicians.
c) to fight fraud and credit risk.
e) or when Medicians, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect its rights or the rights of others.
If otherwise required by an order under any law for the time being in force including in response to enquiries by Government agencies for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
In case of contests conducted by Medicians in which the User participates, the concerned User’s information may be disclosed to third parties, also be disclosed to third parties to the extent necessary for prize fulfillment and other aspects of such contest or similar offering.
Medicians makes all User Information accessible to its employees and data processors only on a need-to-know basis. All Medicians employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of User Information, are obliged to respect its confidentiality.
Non-personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third party ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors and research firms to serve advertisements to the Users. Additional notes to the User:
Medicians shall not be responsible in any manner for the authenticity of the personal information or sensitive personal data or information supplied by the User to Medicians or any Seller. If a User provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete), or Medicians has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Medicians has the right to suspend or terminate such account at its sole discretion.
Medicians shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third par-ties that receive Users' personal data or events that are beyond the reasonable control of Medi-cians including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the User's account access infor-mation and password. The User shall be responsible for all uses of the User's account and password, whether or not authorized by the User. The User shall immediately notify Medicians of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of the User's account or password.
Medicians will communicate with the Users through email and notices posted on the Website or through other means available through the service, including text and other forms of messaging. The Users can ask Medicians, by sending an email to email@example.com the rectification required,.
- 6Contact information
Medicians addresses any discrepancies and grievances of all Users with respect to processing of information in a time bound manner.